The Evangelical Church in Ittlingen is located in the district of Heilbronn in Baden-Württemberg. It was originally built in the Middle Ages but though the ages was damaged by conquest, burned in 1666 and rebuilt after. In 1732 it was enlarged. The core of the Romanesque west tower was preserver. Again in 1828 the church was enlarged and in 1988 extensively renovated.
This is the ancestral church of the Zartmann(s) and Raupp families. Zartmanns arrived in Philadelphia in 1728. The Raupp family married into the Betz family of Eichtersheim who immigrated to the US in 1850’s because of the 1848 uprising.
Picture of Church By peter schmelzle (Own work)
Used with permission with citation.