Evangelische Stephanskirche in Simmern, Hunsruck, Rhineland Pfalz, was the center of a large medieval parish. The foundation stone of the current building was laid in 1486; construction was completed in 1510. The church is late gothic in style and has a nave and two aisles.
The tower and the sacristy are on the long choir section on the northern side, while the mausoleum of the Prince of Simmern and other notables is on the southern side. The tombstones in Saint Anna's Chapel are among the most important works of sculpture to be found in the Middle Rhine region.
John Michael Harter worshipped at this church before he emigrated to New York in 1709. He is the immigrant ancestor of John Harder.
Photos by John Harder. Left: Saint Stephen's Church Exterior
Below: Sanctuary of Saint Stephen's Church