PO Box 141260
Columbus, OH 43214
4601 N High St, Suite C, Columbus, OH 43214
WATCH FOR INFORMATION ON THE PA CHAPTER PALATINES TO AMERICA CONFERENCE
.*Pennsylvania Chapter History* The Pennsylvania Chapter celebrated its 25th anniversary year in 2002-2003. On October 15, 1977, fourteen people, interested in forming a chapter of Palatines to America, met to organize. Six of them volunteered to serve on a steering committee to help guide the new chapter. The Pennsylvania Chapter currently has 360 members in 49 states, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, The Virgin Islands, France, and Germany. If you are not a member, contact the chapter for a membership form.
Researchers and/or visitors to Pennsylvania may find this location to be of interest: The genealogy library at the Pensylvania German Cultural Heritage Center in Kutztown, PA.
The start of the Pennsylvnia "Dutch" country was with a group of Mennonites in 1710. Headed by Hans Herr, the home of his son Christian Herr still stands and is the oldest extant building in Lancaster County. The Mennonites regard this as the oldest extant Mennonite Meeting House in the Americas. For more information see, Hans Herr House. One major depository of genealogical and historical information in Eastern Pennsylvania is the Lancaster Historical Society in Lancaster, see Lancaster Historical Society . A treasury of information on the Anabaptists (Mennonites and Amish) is to be found at the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society along Route 30, east of Lancaster.
Contact us by E-mail Palatines to America or write to - Pennsylvania Chapter P.O. Box 35 Temple, PA 19560